[Devel] RE: Type 1 rendering and Euler numbers

From: Graham Asher
Subject: [Devel] RE: Type 1 rendering and Euler numbers
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 09:20:30 +0100

Werner,

actually, I tried auto-hinting for Type 1 fonts and it made matters worse,
mostly. For example, auto-hinting did not preserve equal spacing between the
legs of 'm', while the Type 1 hinter did. So although you say "The Type 1
hinter in FreeType sucks", I'm afraid auto-hinting is no better.

If I have time I'll try different drop-out modes. I had completely forgotten
that they existed.

Graham