Re: [Devel] Re: Switching autohint per characters

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: Switching autohint per characters
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:56:36 +0200 (CEST)

> Mandrake developers say "we can't distribute freetype2 with
> BYTECODE_INTERPRETER".

Actually, you *can* use the bytecode interpreter without patent
problems if you use the TT_CONFIG_OPTION_UNPATENTED_HINTING.

> I recommend Akito's patch for CJK fonts.

It's probably better to work on autofit instead which is partially
based on Akito's experiments.  We are especially interested whether
autofit is already mature enough to replace the autohint module.