Re: [Devel] Re: Glyph Oulines Has Low Quality

From: Dirck Blaskey
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: Glyph Oulines Has Low Quality
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:23:24 -0700

Hi gang,

I'm seeing exactly this same problem with some CJK/opentype fonts
(embedded in PDF files).  Tested with 2.0.9, 2.1.4, 2.1.10 and
2.1.4 with firefly's cjk hint patches; the glyphs just look wrong.

I couldn't find a followup to this message.
Is this a known problem?  Is there any more information available?

Vitaliy wrote:

Hi Werner,
I've just tested  last changes in the CFF driver - all works OK
:) Thank you a lot you are really  help me.

I'm sending another problem font from my 'Asian fonts' collection.
I attach  .JPG file with the screen shots and .dat file with the font.

On the screen shot (before column ) you could see TrueType(CID) font
which was decomposed correctly.

In the middle you cold see TrueType(CID) font which
was decomposed with problems (parts of the glyph is  displaced).

FONT.DAT I try to send in next message - 'cause my messages with
.ZIP archive (FONT.DAT,BadDecompose.jpg)  was excluded  by the mail-list
manager.

I can send FONT.DAT antibody (who interested) personally.