Re: [Devel] OpenType futures

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: [Devel] OpenType futures
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:55:56 +0900 (JST)

> I strongly prefer the latter.  Do we agree that FreeType's job is to
> validate the tables, and that the otlayout library expects validated
> tables?  This is, the stuff in FreeType's src/otlayout directory
> should be made working, serving as a basis for the otlayout library.

Could you tell me the relatonship between the tables and FT_Face that
you image? e.g. the table memory management. As you know, I put the
tables in FT_Face in gxlayout.

I guess you image something like:

struct LayoutEngine {
       FT_Face * face;
       GSUB * gsub_table;
       GPOS * gpos_table;
};

(Here, I don't talk about the structure of the tables or about who will
 parse the table.)

About gxlayout I'd like to follow your decision.
However, I hope FreeType provides higher facility; e.g.
I would like to use FT_Byte instead of OTL_Byte.

Masatake YAMATO