[Devel] is there a beautiful like Vera, libre TTF with Central Europe?

From: Miernik
Subject: [Devel] is there a beautiful like Vera, libre TTF with Central Europe?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 02:29:02 +0200

The only beautiful libre (DFSG-free) truetype font I found is
Bitstream Vera. Unfortunately it only contains the Western script.

I am looking for a comparable beautiful font containing at least full
Central European glyphs, and preferably just full Latin Unicode with
all possible Latin accented characters + Cyrillic and Greek.

I have checked FreeSans (ugly) and FreeSerif (nice for bigger sizes,
but for smaller Bitstream Vera is still much better). Dustimo and
Thryomanes also are not the quality of Bitstream Vera.

Isn't there a quality libre true type font covering a wider range of
characters then Bitstream Vera?

Don't tell me about non-DFSG-free fonts which I am aware may be
legally possible to use, but I want a true libre solution.

If there is no such font, has anyone attempted just adding the
accented characters to Bitstream Vera, which would at least give use
good Central European and Baltic scripts? That should be easy to do
and legally possible becasue they are DFSG-free.

--
    Miernik         _________________________  xmpp:address@hidden
___________________/__ tel: +48888299997 __/      mailto:address@hidden