RE: [Devel] Re: OTLBuffer

From: 786
Subject: RE: [Devel] Re: OTLBuffer
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:33:18 +0500

Hello,

>> My hope was that doing it this way is going to be efficient and flexible
>> enough to use for Pango, for Qt, and for other consumers. What do
>> people think? Should I look at what would be required to merge this
>> into the otlayout module?

> Please do. I'd love to see a merge of our efforts into one codebase (ie.
> otlayout). Judging from the few minutes I looked at the code it seems as
> if some work is still required to finish the otlayout module and make it
> really usable. If there is need, I'd be willing to help with implementing
> and testing.

Well count me in. Any implementation required for contextual chain subst. or
reverse chain subst. table I will be willing to help. And yes you should do
it; at the moment I have two different implementations of reverse chain
table, each for freetype and pango over. 1.2 & 1.4 fully tested and tried;
it will be hell lot better if I had to work on just one in future. I will
release it as soon as I get my advisor's approval.

Aamir
On Friday 16 July 2004 22:34, Owen Taylor wrote:
[....]
> Then I modified the TT_GSUB_Apply_String() and TT_GPOS_Apply_String
> to take a PangoOTBuffer and got rid of the separate TTO_GSUB_String
> and TTO_GPOS_Data structures.

Sounds good. I guess the OTBuffer contains positioning information as well?

> My hope was that doing it this way is going to be efficient and flexible
> enough to use for Pango, for Qt, and for other consumers. What do
> people think? Should I look at what would be required to merge this
> into the otlayout module?

Please do. I'd love to see a merge of our efforts into one codebase (ie.
otlayout). Judging from the few minutes I looked at the code it seems as if
some work is still required to finish the otlayout module and make it really

usable. If there is need, I'd be willing to help with implementing and
testing.

Cheers,
Lars