Re: [Devel] about my previous post : mkfontscale xfree type1 fonts on Po

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] about my previous post : mkfontscale xfree type1 fonts on PowerPC computer
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 06:29:19 +0200 (CEST)

> I think that because adding a line like  : printf("ok");
> AFTER the call to
> FT_FACE_LOOKUP_SERVICE()    resolves the problem and
> mkfontscale doesn't crash
> anymore when calling it in Type1 directory.
>
> What do you think about that ?
> (i use gcc3.3.4)

We had already similar reports, but we couldn't find the reason.
Maybe a compiler bug?  As mentioned in another mail, please recompile
the program using the gcc compiling options `-gdwarf-2' and `-g3' (at
least this was necessary with 3.1 of gcc, according to the gdb 6.0
info pages); this makes it possible, AFAIK, to trace macro calls also.

Then, after the crash, type `bt full' and report the results.