[Devel] FreeType mailman problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] FreeType mailman problems
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:46:45 +0200 (CEST)

Dear FreeTypers,

as you all know, there are serious problems with the administration of
the FreeType mailing lists which are hopefully fixed soon.

Besides getting spam, there is also the opposite problem (which
happens almost daily for me): Some viruses, pretending to be sent from
a FreeType mailing list member to the mailman administration
interface, can set the `nomail' attribute!  This means that while you
are still subscribed to one of the FreeType mailing lists, you won't
receive any emails.

I've now manually reset this flag for all list members (on both the
devel and freetype lists), and I apologize in advance for the
incovenience that you have to set it again if you really want to.  On
the other hand, there are probably some subscribers who actually want
to read mails but haven't received any for a longer time due to this
problem.  If this is true please check the mailing list archive for
previous mails.