[Devel] Re: are we ready for a new release

From: Jan Slupski
Subject: [Devel] Re: are we ready for a new release
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:25:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Freetype developers!

A few weeks ago I have reported a "bug" in Visual C project file

There were a short discussion and Werner Lemberg wrote:

> > I guess the files listed in the Library section of src/base/jamfile
> > need to get added to the Win32 dsp file (if not already there):
> >
> > ftsystem.c   ftinit.c    ftglyph.c  ftmm.c     ftbdf.c
> > ftbbox.c     ftdebug.c   ftxf86.c   fttype1.c  ftpfr.c
> > ftstroke.c   ftwinfnt.c
>
> ftsystem.c, ftinit.c, and ftdebug.c should be always there.  The rest
> is optional.
>
> > BTW, perhaps it would be a good idea to update the documentation to
> > state that the appropriate functions are optional and are only
> > available if the necessary file(s) have been part of the build.
>
> (...)

So just before release of FT 2.1.8 I would like to clarify if really
ftbbox.c is an optional feature file. Should 'FT_Outline_Get_BBox()'
be optional?

List of basic files above (ftsystem.c, ftinit.c, and ftdebug.c) does
not mention for example ftglyph.c that of course is in the visual c
project.

Moreover is it ok that win32 build is incompatible with Unix versions,
that has these features compiled in by default? I believe that can
confuse some peoples...

Thanks a lot

Jan Slupski

 |_| | | | \|                          http://www.juljas.net