[Devel] Re: are we ready for a new release

From: Chisato Yamauchi
Subject: [Devel] Re: are we ready for a new release
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:35:19 +0900 (JST)

  Hello,

> Opinions ?

  Would you apply the patch A or B before release?

  Patch A:
   http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/arch/xtt2-sbit-improvement2_freetype2.patch

  Patch B:
   http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/arch/xtt2-sbit-improvement2c2_freetype2.patch

  I've maintained the "FreeType" backend of XFree86 server to
support CJK environment mainly.  As you know, the implementation
of X's Core Font is somewhat old, so we need to devise improvements
and program it.  One of results is using non-public API of freetype2
library.  Using non-public API brought about an important optimization
for loading-speed of CJK fonts.  But this is a problem when using
dynamic linking.  I want to solve this problem.

  Here is full patchs for XFree86-4.4.0:

  A:
   http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/arch/xtt2-sbit-improvement2.patch

  B:
   http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/arch/xtt2-sbit-improvement2c2.patch

  These patch adds minor changes of sbit functionalities(sfnt.h,
ttsbit.c and ttsbit.h) and add a public function to ftxf86.c.

  At least FT_Get_SBit_Strike_Index() of patch B is indispensable
for us.  Please consider the patches....

    Chisato Yamauchi
        http://x-tt.sourceforge.jp/