[Devel] Getting rid of a compiler warning

From: Salman Khilji
Subject: [Devel] Getting rid of a compiler warning
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:05:30 -0800

I am writing subsetting related code in FreeType and I added the following
function.  The compiler is complaining that:

warning: value computed is not used

The warning is on the FT_ALLOC line where I am trying to allocate an array of
Longs equal to the number of glyphs.

I am using gcc 2.95.3.  How do I get rid of this warning?

FT_LOCAL( FT_Error )
  T1_Do_Enable_Subset( T1_Face  face )
  {
    FT_Error  error = 0;

    if ( !face->root.used_glyphs )
    {
      FT_Long   size;
      FT_Memory memory;

      size   = face->root.num_glyphs * sizeof(FT_Long);
      memory = face->root.memory;
      FT_ALLOC( face->root.used_glyphs, size );
    }
    return error;
  }