Re: [Devel] Apple's 'gvar' table and friends

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: [Devel] Apple's 'gvar' table and friends
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:47:42 +0900 (JST)

The gxlayout contains the loader for fvar.

>    * A set of design coordinates must be specified, before a face
>               is rasterized.
>       I presume the multi-master routines should be used, but
>       I don't know the interface there either.

The max of coordinates(== 4) is statically given  in the multi-master
interface of FT2.

Masatake YAMATO

/***************************************************************************/
/* CVAR                                                                    */
/***************************************************************************/
  typedef struct GX_GvarRec_
  {
    GX_TableRec root;
    FT_Fixed  version;
    FT_UShort axisCount;
    FT_UShort globalCoordCount;
    FT_ULong  offsetToCoord;
    FT_UShort glyphCount;
    FT_UShort flags;
    FT_ULong  offsetToData;
    union {
      FT_UShort * u16;
      FT_ULong  * u32;
    } offset;
    /* TODO */
  } GX_GvarRec, *GX_Gvar;

/***************************************************************************/
/* GVAR                                                                    */
/***************************************************************************/
/* TODO */

/***************************************************************************/
/* FVAR                                                                    */
/***************************************************************************/
  typedef struct GX_FontVariationsSFNTVariationAxisRec_
  {
    FT_ULong  axisTag;
    FT_Fixed  minValue;
    FT_Fixed  defaultValue;
    FT_Fixed  maxValue;
    FT_UShort flags;
    FT_UShort nameID;
  } GX_FontVariationsSFNTVariationAxisRec, * GX_FontVariationsSFNTVariationAxis;

  typedef struct GX_FontVariationsSFNTInstanceRec_
  {
    FT_UShort nameID;
    FT_UShort  flags;
    FT_Fixed * coord;           /* GX_FvarRec::axisCount */
  } GX_FontVariationsSFNTInstanceRec, *GX_FontVariationsSFNTInstance;

  typedef struct GX_FvarRec_
  {
    GX_TableRec root;
    FT_Fixed  version;
    FT_UShort offsetToData;
    FT_UShort countSizePairs;
    FT_UShort axisCount     ;
    FT_UShort axisSize      ;
    FT_UShort instanceCount ;
    FT_UShort instanceSize  ;
    GX_FontVariationsSFNTVariationAxis axis; /* axisCount */
    GX_FontVariationsSFNTInstance instance;  /* instanceCount */
  } GX_FvarRec, *GX_Fvar;