[Devel] Freetype2 patch on Mac

From: Garrick Meeker
Subject: [Devel] Freetype2 patch on Mac
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 01:31:03 -0800

I've been playing around with a patch Dan Williams posted a while ago for
supporting multiple fonts per file.  It seems to work pretty well now.  There
are several parts of my extended patch:

A new function FT_New_Face_From_FSSpec() that takes an FSSpec instead of a
filename and added some consts.  This is useful because most font types are
loaded with FSSpecs anyway on the Mac, and you don't have to worry about /
vs. : path separators if you're using Codewarrior or not.  If you're using
Codewarrior's C runtime, there's a function to create a FILE* from an FSSpec.

Error checking fix in FT_New_Face_From_LWFN().

Support for multiple styles in FT_New_Face_From_Suitcase().  There is only one
FOND resource (I think?) and the index should be used read reading the FOND,
not when getting the resource.

Dan's original patch which I updated for 2.1.7, added support for LWFN (Type1)
when counting fonts, and return an error if you pass in a bad index (so you
can now loop through all the fonts).

Please let me know if you want me to make any changes or split this up.  I
think this improves the Mac support a great deal and this patch is already
pretty well tested.