Re: [Devel] Getting original stream for an FT_Face?

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Getting original stream for an FT_Face?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:29:05 +0100

Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
As far as I can tell, there is no way to get the data and/or stream that was read to build an FT_Face. Once it's loaded, the stream goes away :(.

Well, the stream doesn't disappear (it is only closed when FT_Done_Face is called). However, it is not available to client applications, and this is purely by design !

This allows things like using several files to build a single FT_Face
(e.g. FT_New_Face + FT_Attach_File)

I'd like to avoid re-reading/streaming the data, in favor of keeping it in memory longer. Do I need to maintain my own wrappers for this or can FT be easily extended to "cache" the stream?

What do you need to do exactly ? Can't you do that by using a custom stream instead ?

Regards,

- David Turner

Leonard