[Devel] Getting original stream for an FT_Face?

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: [Devel] Getting original stream for an FT_Face?
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 07:22:05 -0800

As far as I can tell, there is no way to get the data and/or stream that was read to build an FT_Face. Once it's loaded, the stream goes away :(.

I'd like to avoid re-reading/streaming the data, in favor of keeping it in memory longer. Do I need to maintain my own wrappers for this or can FT be easily extended to "cache" the stream?

Leonard
Leonard Rosenthol                            <mailto:address@hidden>
Chief Technical Officer                      <http://www.pdfsages.com>
PDF Sages, Inc.                              215-629-3700 (voice)
                                             215-629-0789 (fax)