[Devel] Truetype rendering got regressed on cvs head?

From: ismail 'cartman' dönmez
Subject: [Devel] Truetype rendering got regressed on cvs head?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:55:13 +0200

Hi all,

After the last checkins on truetype code that introduces new division
functions with better accuracy , I started to get smaller and worse looking
( imho ) fonts. I attached[1] two screenshot to demonstrate the issue.

slash.png[2] is produced by freetype that is from 6 days old cvs .

slash2.png[3] is produced by latest freetype from cvs.

As you can see easily. In slash.png fonts are surely bigger and better. In
slash2.png fonts smaller and they look like getting hinted though I disabled
hinting.

I compiled freetype with ./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6 . No configuration
changes.

Hope anyone got any idea whats going on?

Regards,
/ismail

[1] Mail system did not accept attachments. So I uploaded them
[2] http://www.submoron.org/~cartman/freetype/slash.png
[3] http://www.submoron.org/~cartman/freetype/slash2.png

--
Joe Random Hacker Since 2002