Re: [Devel] Getting accurate advances

From: David Bevan
Subject: Re: [Devel] Getting accurate advances
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:39:01 +0000

Turner David wrote:

Why didn't you use the FT_LOAD_LINEAR_DESIGN loading flag ? This
would give you the original, untouched, advance in font units.
This would let you compute exact advances with the help of
face->units_per_EM ?

Hope this helps,

It definitely does, Thanks. I wasn't aware of FT_LOAD_LINEAR_DESIGN.

But the documentation is still misleading; if FT_LOAD_LINEAR_DESIGN is not used, linearHoriAdvance is not accurate to 1/65536th of a pixel. What are your thoughts on Werner's and my ideas about changing the calculation of x_scale and linearHoriAdvance to fix this?

David %^>

 David Bevan, Emtex Ltd.
 Emtex House, Station Road, Kings Langley, Herts. WD4 8LH England
 Tel:    +44 (0)1923 270882
 E-mail: address@hidden
 Web:    www.emtex.com