[Devel] About Instarll Freetype on redhat linux 9

From: Jeffery Zhao
Subject: [Devel] About Instarll Freetype on redhat linux 9
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:45:14 +0800

Hi, all

This moring I acted as the INSTALL.UNX to upgrade freetype on Redhat linux 9.01:
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install
cp /usr/lib/libfreetype.a /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.a (because I found that startx will load /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.a, which don't be upgraded by make install)
After doing above all, I used "startx", but it failed , I checked the log, which shows the following message:
Duplicate symbol BitOrderInvert in /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libfreetype.a:truetype.o
Also defined in (built-in)
Why?
Thanks a lot!