Re: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] Freetype 2 on Mac

From: Dan Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] Freetype 2 on Mac
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:17:56 -0500 (CDT)

George,

It appears you are correct in that Apple doesn't seem to support the GSUB
table.  There are only 4 hits for GSUB on the developer site, and only 2
of them are relevant.  I also cannot find the GSUB table mentioned in the
_Apple_ TrueType spec document, leading me to believe that they do not
support it but instead as you earlier mentioned, AAT stuff.

Interestingly though, most every AAT document there hasn't been
changed/updated in 4-5 years, but most of the regular TrueType table
format documents have been updated for OS X in some way.

Dan