[Devel] Fw: Info for Mac

From: Dan Williams
Subject: [Devel] Fw: Info for Mac
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:18:29 -0400

Hi,

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/ ATS_Concepts/atsfonts_concepts/index.html http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/TextInternational- date.html

These would be two good points to look at for Mac OS X (and Mac OS 9) frameworks and libraries to use for text and fonts. OS X supports OpenType fonts. Freetype2 also runs on OS X just fine, and will be installed if you install an X server, either Apple's X11 (http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/download/) or XDarwin (www.xdarwin.org). Be aware that freetype doesn't currently support more than the first face in an Mac OS resource-based font file however. Other than that, full FreeType functionality is available, and of course native OS X typography and font functions.

Do you have any further or more specific questions we could answer?

Dan

Hello sir,
I need some information, can you please help. Can you tell me from where can
i get information about OTF support, freetype2 support and typographic
status/details of MAC. I will be grateful.

Aamir