Re: [Devel] Very bad spacing/kerning on OS X

From: Dan Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Very bad spacing/kerning on OS X
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 08:34:07 -0500

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 01:14  AM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I'm not getting good results at all with a CVS checkout of today
with OpenOffice.org.  My previous library built from a checkout
around June 3rd is still good.  All fonts used are converted from
Mac OS .dfont files to TrueType fonts (.ttf) and used with FreeType.
The kerning and spacing is very very off (even negative).  Swapping
out my freetype build from today and my build from early June
corrects the problem.

You are aware that 2.1.4 isn't binary compatible with 2.1.5, aren't
you?  The change happened in the CVS around end of May.

The font is an Apple font (Lucida Grande), so I could not post it
publicly, but I could send it to someone to test.

Please send it to me.