Re: [Devel] freetype stroker

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] freetype stroker
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 18:29:32 +0200

Hello Gordon,

Gordon Childs wrote:
Hi and congratulations on such a brilliant font library.

I'm using freetype2.1.4rc2 to fill and stroke arbitrary bezier paths.

The filling works perfectly, but when I stroke some of the same curves the stroking code freaks out, and inserts lines of varying thickness that arc off to infinity in random directions. I been able to isolate one small example that causes the problem, that works if I scale the curve a little. The curve in question appears to have a slight cusp on one edge, but in any case it is closed, so I'm not sure why this is happening.

Does this ring any bells or should I dig up more info, like a dump outline, before and after?

Strange. Could you send a small example that shows off this behaviour.
All I need is the content of the FT_Outline structure that cannot be
properly stroked. Of course, example source code is welcomed too...

Also, did you try that with 2.1.4 ?

Regards,

- David Turner

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
The E-Mail transmission can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
CANAL+TECHNOLOGIES will not therefore be liable for the message if modified.