Re: [Devel] 16bit int type

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] 16bit int type
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 00:54:29 +0200 (CEST)

> How to compile Freetype under DOS, that int is 16bit. When I
  compiled using BC31, it tell me something like "ftimage.h 717:The
  value for 'OO_GLYPH_FORMAT_COMPOSITE' is not within the range of an
  int", that seems the member of enum must be a int number. So, how to
  avoid the error, or is there any compiler option can solve it?

>From the documentation of the FT_IMAGE_TAG macro:

  /*    Since many 16bit compilers don't like 32bit enumerations, you      */
  /*    should redefine this macro in case of problems to something like   */
  /*    this:                                                              */
  /*      #define FT_IMAGE_TAG( value, _x1, _x2, _x3, _x4 )  (value)       */
  /*    to get a simple enumeration without assigning special numbers.     */

If you find more problems please send reports to this list.  It is
likely that not everything in FreeType 2 is 16bit clean.