[Devel] Type1C encoding weirdness

From: Ivan Nincic
Subject: [Devel] Type1C encoding weirdness
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 21:03:49 +0000

Hello,

I have a problem reading encoding information from some Type1 CFF fonts.

The following font has a single CharMap:
 http://www3.telus.net/public/ab114139/type1cff_01.fn

However FT_Get_First_Char/FT_Get_Next_Char/FT_Get_Glyph_Name don't produce any encoding information. Is this a bug in FreeType?

--
The following font has two encodings (Unicode & adobe_custom)
 http://www3.telus.net/public/ab114139/type1cff_00.fn

--
Given this behavior I am not certain whether these are FT bugs or there is some other way (that doesn't depend on driver specific internal structures) to obtain type1 & cff encoding information.

Ivan