Re: [Devel] Mac osx problem

From: Torrey Lyons
Subject: Re: [Devel] Mac osx problem
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 11:35:21 -0700

At 11:16 AM -0700 5/2/03, Timothy Prepscius wrote:
This could potentially be slightly off topic.  But........

I am trying to load the font "Arial" on a Mac OSX computer.

I first use FT_GetFile_From_Mac_Name- this successfully finds a valid
FSSpec.
I then use an fsspec2path I found and revised to convert to a file system
path:
    The resulting path is "/Library/Fonts/Arial"

This is seemingly correct, since there is an Arial file in the
"/Library/Fonts" directory.
Only its length is zero.

Unless it is broken the file is not really zero length, it only looks that way. "ls -s" only shows the data fork. In this case /Library/Fonts/Arial has everything in the resource fork. Looking at this file in the Finder should reveal it is 317,313 bytes long.

--Torrey