[Devel] Apple's 'kern' table

From: George Williams
Subject: [Devel] Apple's 'kern' table
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:18:54 -0700

Does anyone have an example font (for MacOS) that contains a format 2 sub-table of the 'kern' table (class based kerning)? I'm almost certain that Apple's documentation (http://developer.apple.com/fonts/TTRefMan/RM06/Chap6kern.html) on this format is incorrect.

The OpenType docs are rather different on this format (but claim that windows doesn't support it). If anyone has an old windows truetype file with format 2 'kern' sub-tables, I'd be interested in that too.