Re: [Devel] Simsun's hinting problem.

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Simsun's hinting problem.
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:58:47 +0200

Hello,

Conner wrote:
Dear all,

I found a bug since freetype 1.3.1 (yes, freetype1). With bytecode
interpreter on, letter "e" and "t" are distorted in small sizes.
Here are screenshots of simsun.ttc in windows and linux:

http://www.moyang.org/simsun/simsuntest2.htm

Any ideas?

It's very probably due to a difference in the way the
FreeType and Windows rasterizers do manage what are called
"pixel drop-outs".

Unfortunately, fixing this is likely to be very hard, and
I'm not going to spend my time on this. Besides, the difference
is really minor, I don't think you should feel too concerned
about it.

Cheers,

- David Turner

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.
The E-Mail transmission can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
CANAL+TECHNOLOGIES will not therefore be liable for the message if modified.