[Devel] Frustrating Freetype 2.1.4 (and earlier) bug

From: Andy Bearsley
Subject: [Devel] Frustrating Freetype 2.1.4 (and earlier) bug
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:57:08 +1200

I looked through the FT documentation, but I couldn't see a place or
procedure for bug reporting - I hope you're able to point me in the correct
place to post this bug:
Using the standard Times Italic font from Win2k
TIMESI.TTF
there is a glaring problem with the lowercase 'z' character.  At point sizes
20 and lower the diagonal bar of the 'z' is entirely absent.
The point size is set with:
FT_Set_Char_Size(m_pFace, (20 * 64), (20 * 64), 72, 72);

I'm using v2.1.4  The problem is also in 2.1.3  The problem is the same
regardless of the state of the state of
TT_CONFIG_OPTION_BYTECODE_INTERPRETER being defined or not.

It it's likely to be something I'm doing wrong, can you suggest a list of
things to check? If it could be a bug in FT, what further information would
you like me to supply to help locate the problem?

Thanks.

Andy Bearsley
Technical Director
Ambient Design Ltd