Re: [Devel] bug on mac os x

From: Dan Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] bug on mac os x
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 11:51:47 -0500

Hi,

No, that function is actually exported on Mac OS X, depending on how you compile the library. Freetype is normally compiled with CodeWarrior, and you cannot compile it with gcc from the command-line without a few patches. Freetype on Mac OS X overrides the normal FT_New_Face() function because it has to deal with fonts that other Unix/Win computers cannot handle (ie resource forks, .dfont files), and therefore for Mac there is a special FT_New_Face(). But that doesn't actually get compiled when you use Makefiles and the command-line unless you hack in some things. Perhaps that's your problem. How did you get the copy of Freetype you are using? Did you compile it yourself, or did you get it installed as part of XFree86 or the Apple X11 server?

Dan