[Devel] On GRAYS_USE_GAMMA

From: Billy Biggs
Subject: [Devel] On GRAYS_USE_GAMMA
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 09:59:45 -0600

  In the freetype source code I discovered GRAYS_USE_GAMMA, which uses a
piecewise linear function to map coverage values onto a rough curve.

  While it's clear that this code is disabled and marked as
experimental, I'd just like to make the request that it not ever be
enabled, as I use those coverage values as alpha values, which are
specified to be linear by everyone I can think of.  My application does
its own gamma correct compositing, and I don't feel like ever rewriting
it to do otherwise.

  Thanks,
  -Billy

--