Re: [Devel] Debugging API for truetype?

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Debugging API for truetype?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:43:57 -0800

At 12:28 AM 5/15/2002 +0200, a écrit :
Hello George, Just, and others,
> George Williams wrote:
> >     I have been thinking for a while about writing a truetype debugger so
> > that I could single step a truetype glyph's instructions and watch its
> > points move (and figure out more easily where pfaedit's hinting is wrong).
Believe it or not, this feature is already implemented in FT2 :-)
Have a look at the file "src/ttdebug.c" located in the "ft2demos" module
Thank you David,
I have finally implemented this and it went fairly easily. So if anyone is interested pfaedit now has a truetype debugger built in (assuming it has access to a freetype with the bytecode interpreter).
    Brief description at http://pfaedit.sf.net/charview.html#Debugging

David had suggested that I might want to expand the freetype API to include a debugging interface, but after looking at that problem, it seemed to me that most of the the required bits were best left hidden so I did not do that.