[Devel] freetype2 FT_FREETYPE_H macro bug

From: Tim Seufert
Subject: [Devel] freetype2 FT_FREETYPE_H macro bug
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:10:25 -0800

Freetype2 defines FT_FREETYPE_H as follows:

#define FT_FREETYPE_H  <freetype/freetype.h>

On systems which have both freetype and freetype2 installed, if the header search path contains the *parent* dir of the freetype header dir *before* it lists the freetype2 header dir, this will lead to inclusion of the freetype1 freetype.h file.

What a mouthful.  Hopefully this will be more clear:

test.cpp:
#include <ft2build.h>
#include FT_FREETYPE_H
#include FT_CACHE_H
(etc.)

g++ -I/sw/include -I/sw/include/freetype2 -c test.cpp

result: massive b0rkenness because FT_FREETYPE_H ends up grabbing /sw/include/freetype/freetype.h instead of /sw/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h.

Yes, this really happened to me, while I was trying to port a package to Fink on MacOS X (thus the /sw/include dir instead of /usr/local/include, but I don't see why it wouldn't affect /usr/local/include too).

Please cc me with any responses as I'm not subscribed to the ft2 devel list.