Re: [Devel] postscript fonts, freetype and mozilla, redhat's great fonts

From: Michael Cardenas
Subject: Re: [Devel] postscript fonts, freetype and mozilla, redhat's great fonts
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:22:50 -0800

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 07:42:03PM -0800, Michael Cardenas wrote:
> I see that in mozilla, redhat8 seems to be using the font Nimbus
> Roman No 9 L. Looking at the output of xlsfonts -ll, I see that in
> redhat 8, this font is being rasterized by freetype, but in lindows
> os, it is being rasterized by X. So my first question is, how does one
> get freetype to rasterize and anti alias postscript type 1 fonts?

So can someone tell me how to get freetype to display antialiased
postscript type 1 fonts?

I have /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 in my XftConfig, but I'm not
sure what else has to be done.

The debian package is building the type1 module and linking it in.

thanks,

  michael

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never was and
never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson