[Devel] Bug in documentation - FT_Size_Metrics

From: Jan Slupski
Subject: [Devel] Bug in documentation - FT_Size_Metrics
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 23:08:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

At 'freetype2/reference/ft2-base_interface.html#FT_SizeRec'
'FT_Size_Metrics' structure isn't linked to it's definition
 - more there is no definition of 'FT_Size_Metrics' in the docs.

I guess it's because of wrong header at line 1106 of
include/freetype/freetype.h.

It is:

  /*************************************************************************/
  /*                                                                       */
  /*                    FreeType base size metrics                         */
  /*                                                                       */
  /* <Struct>                                                              */
  /*    FT_Size_Metrics                                                    */
  /*                                                                       */
  /* <Description>                                                         */
  /*    The size metrics structure returned scaled important distances for */
  /*    a given size object.                                               */
  /*                                                                       */
  /* <Fields>                                                              */
  /*    x_ppem       :: The character width, expressed in integer pixels.  */
  /*                    This is the width of the EM square expressed in    */
  /*                    pixels, hence the term `ppem' (pixels per EM).     */
(...)

My guess (I didn't try to understand documentation-generator - sorry)
is that "FreeType base size metrics" string above avoids recognision
of the structure description by the generator script.

Another question:
In the same structure description says:

  /*    descender    :: The descender, expressed in 26.6 fixed point       */
  /*                    pixels.  Always positive.                          */

Is it true? Isn't it "Always negative" ?

Greets
Jan

PS.
Nearly forget -- it is FreeType 2.1.3.