RE: [Devel] Memory overwrite in winfnt and script.fon

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: RE: [Devel] Memory overwrite in winfnt and script.fon
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 15:32:58 +0100

Bonjour et Bonne Annee,

Boris Letocha wrote:
> And next I have script.fon on Windows and this fon cannot be loaded by
> FreeType - it has version 0x100 and FT support 0x200 or 0x300

IIRC, 0x100 indicates raster fonts (sets of vectors to be drawn, which
then renders as strokes of (constant) current pen size, can be scaled
at whatever size, but are hdeous), while 0x200+ indicates bitmap fonts.

> - how difficult to be add support for these fonts?

Quite a bit, I believe: this has very few in common with the other formats
(OTOH, it is much easier than Metafont!)

Regards,
Antoine