[Devel] FT_New_Face undefined symbol on OSX

From: Steve Dekorte
Subject: [Devel] FT_New_Face undefined symbol on OSX
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:20:24 -0800

On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 10:19 AM, Steve Dekorte wrote:
I dug up this message from June that looks like my problem(I'm also on OSX):
http://www.freetype.org/pipermail/freetype/2002-June/002367.html

The message describes a fix yet it doesn't appear to be in the current release.
Is OSX considered an unsupported platform?

Well, since no one answered and modifying the configure scripts look daunting, I wrote this little shell script the fix the FreeType build bug on OSX. I hope this helps the next person that runs across this problem.

Cheers,
Steve

#! /bin/sh
# a small hack to fix a bug in the FreeType build system for OSX
# First you'll need to change these lines in src/base/ftmac.c:

#include <Resources.h>
#include <Fonts.h>
#include <Errors.h>
#include <Files.h>
#include <TextUtils.h>

# to these

#if TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON
#include <Carbon/Carbon.h>
#else
#include <Resources.h>
#include <Fonts.h>
#include <Errors.h>
#include <Files.h>
#include <TextUtils.h>
#endif

# and then run this script

make
cc -c src/base/ftmac.c  -I. -I./include -I./src -DTARGET_API_MAC_CARBON
mv ftmac.o objs/.libs/
ar -x objs/.libs/libfreetype.a
rm objs/.libs/lib*
ar rcu objs/.libs/libfreetype.a objs/*.o
ranlib objs/.libs/libfreetype.a