Re: [Devel] ttf2tfm/ttf2pk: patches

From: Jean-Christophe Dubacq
Subject: Re: [Devel] ttf2tfm/ttf2pk: patches
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:46:32 +0100

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 10:13:08AM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Applied, thanks.  BTW, some months ago you provided a set of PDF
> documents which showed some problems with ttf2pk/ttf2tfm -- does your
> patch fix them finally?  Currently, I don't have time to really work
> on ttf2pk, so I'm really happy that you take care of the ttf2pk
> package.

Yes, it does. By the way, I tested some other program to generate
.tfm files, and it does generate incorrect bounding boxes in .vf files
(not in raw .tfm files) (it was afm2tfm). It doesn't work because at
TeX level, only the .vf file is read to typeset. As such, height is
taken from the badly bboxed chars in the .vf file, which can lead to
bad boxes (especially in titles).

When x-height is correctly set for the .tfm (or .vf) file, the \accent
macro works just fine with correct bboxes.

> And what about your patch for providing a user-defined x height (which
> I never put in)?  If you think this is still useful please resubmit
> it.

This is much less useful since you put in another test that takes the
height of letter 'x' as default x-height. I can add it easily, however.
I still have the patch around.

Btw, I do not know if it is possible to change my e-mail addresses
in the CVS files. My only permanent address is:
address@hidden
The other one will cease to be active in a year from now.

I will ponder again about other enhancements to ttf2pk.

Thanks again,
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq