[Devel] Freetype 1: New configure to deal with gettext

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: [Devel] Freetype 1: New configure to deal with gettext
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:16:27 +0100

Hi folks,

This message is about Freetype v.1 only. So if you are not interested in
this almost obsolete library, you can skip on...

I have modified the .configure, in order to correctly deal with the various
configuration of the GNU gettext packages we can encounter these days, such
as embeeded inside glibc (as is in Linux), or needing, as well as the "intl"
library, the "iconv" library, for those systems (like Mingw32 or DJGPP) that
miss the iconv() function in the standard library.
Previous release did not deal correctly with this, so preventing the use of
the "--with-nls" feature, even with gettext installed on the computer.

However, I do not have a wide number of configuration, so if some of you can
test this (from the CVS, or using the freetype-current tarball), and report
to me the possible problems, I welcome them.

Thanks in advance.

Antoine

P.S. to Werner: I believe I have learn *a*lot* about autoconf with this.
P.S. to David: you are right, autoconf is address@hidden&...  ;-)