[Devel] Question about FreeType 2

From: kozak
Subject: [Devel] Question about FreeType 2
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:45:01 -0500

Greetings,
Thank you for developing this font rendering application.
We are evaluating the quality of the TrueType bitmaps from the
renderer using FT_Load_Char(face, text[n], FT_LOAD_RENDER |
FT_LOAD_MONOCHROME).

Can I access the glyphs in the TrueType face by unicode and not by
character code?
I didn't see any API's that accessed the face by unicode to render the
glyphs.

When a TrueType font is only unicode encoded (3, 1) there can be many
characters defined
in the font and we would like to access them by unicode value.
What encoding does FT_Load_Char(..) assume for character code? 7-bit
ASCII/8-bit ASCII?

Thanks, Don Kozak (859)-232-2573