[Devel] I'm lost with the charmaps !!

From: Riccardo Cohen
Subject: [Devel] I'm lost with the charmaps !!
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:51:44 +0100

Hi,
I have a problem with charmaps.

1) with some fonts, one or 2 characters cannot be displayed.
  for instance LATIN CAPITAL LETTER ETH (sort of D with a horizontal bar in the
middle) 0x00D0 unicode
  it cannot be printed in font "Marriage" because in that font, charset is
apple_roman,
  and in that charmap, this letter does not exists ! (I have an iMac and
checked it!)

=> BUT MSWORD and also my graphic software found it and displayed it. WHERE IS
IT ? (I can display quite all other chars)

2) with other fonts the charmaps are completely wrong.
  For instance with "Chevara" font, I cannot find any charmap that displays the
correct glyphs.
  I tried unicode, macos and latin1, none gave the good glyphs

=> BUT MSWORD and also my graphic software can display all chars correctly ???

I could not compile demo/ftview on windows (too many compilation error) . Is
there any font viewer that could display the glyphs with their corresponding
charmap code ?

Thanks
--
Riccardo Cohen