Re: [Devel] Problems with FT_Get_Postscript_Name and TTF files?

From: Eric Poulsen
Subject: Re: [Devel] Problems with FT_Get_Postscript_Name and TTF files?
Date: 29 Sep 2002 14:27:06 -0700

Firstly, thank you for your response.  It is greatly appreciated.

> You should be very careful with FT_Get_Postscript_Name invoked on
> TrueType
> fonts.
> Some of them just do not have it :-)
>
> Yes. :-)
> Do not use TrueType fonts :-))

Fair enough -- my application is going to produce PostScript in the end
any way, and I was planning to use PS fonts, but I had a font dir that
contained both, when my app stumbled across this problem.

In a larger sense, though, shouldn't FT_Get_Postscript_Name just return
NULL if there is no name for a TTF font, rather than segfault?  Or is
this function still considered 'experimental' with TTF?

-- Eric