[Devel] Resend of "We try to add a new type of font under Freetype" wit

From: Cheng-I CHIEN , 簡正義
Subject: [Devel] Resend of "We try to add a new type of font under Freetype" with source
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:48:09 +0800

Dear Mr. Packard:

Sorry for the empty source code.
I send the mail again without the pictures.

We are trying now to add a new font type under freetype.
After months of hard work, it works.

Your solution "Xft" is a good choice to deal with fonts.

So, we are trying also to make our font to work with Xft.
But we got troubles:

We have modified the source of freetype to let our format work with it.
We compiled a shared library “libxxx.so”.

Your Xft works with this “libxxx.so” fine, when we are drawing text with
truetype.

After we change the family name of the font from some truetype font
to the family name of the font in our own format in the same program.
Xft used system core font instead of our font.

We have made sure that, using XftConfig, the font was installed properly.
Using “XftListFontsPatternObjects” we can see our font name displayed.

Could You tell us, what to read, where to search, in order to solve this
problem?

Or You can make some suggestions to us.

Thank You for Your Help.

Sincerely yours

Cheng-I CHIEN
Arphic Technology Co., LTD.
Division of R&D Division,
Department of Software Engineering
Tel: +886 2 2351 2577 #611
Fax:+886 2 2351 1730
Email: address@hidden

P.S.: Attached are 2 sources, to list the font names and to draw text.