RE: [Devel] comment formatting - unneeded slashs and asterisksconsidered

From: Graham Asher
Subject: RE: [Devel] comment formatting - unneeded slashs and asterisksconsidered harmful
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 09:47:14 +0100

<<<<<<
> Sorry - that was a mistake. I tried setting my editor to expand all tabs
> spaces, but it is horribly annoying to use, so I've been doing it
manually.
> It would be better if there were a setting to tell it to expand tabs to
> spaces only when saving the file, and convert to tabs on loading - but
there
> ain't.

I use Microsoft Visual C++ for everything, and use the built-in editor. It's
such a marvellous environment for coding and debugging that I wouldn't
change for anything else. For example, I find memory leaks very easily by
building test harnesses using the MFC framework, which reports memory leaks
when the program is closed and gives me very good tools for finding the
guilty piece of code.

Graham Asher