[Devel] FT_Get_Char_Index choosing the wrong glyph with Shift-JIS charma

From: Frank Faubert
Subject: [Devel] FT_Get_Char_Index choosing the wrong glyph with Shift-JIS charmap?
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 15:00:33 -0400

Hi,

Please ignore my earlier question about Shift-JIS.  After a little more
debugging I believe that I am correctly calling FT_Get_Char_Index.  I
have simplified my test case to simply wanting to render the Japanese
character ー (HEX: 815B).  I have verified that I am calling
FT_Select_Charmap with ft_encoding_sjis and it is succeeding.  I have
verified using Windows Character Map application that the font I am
using contains the proper character at 0x815B (U+30FC) with the
Character Set set to "Windows: Japanese" (Shift-JIS).  However, FreeType
2.1.2 is rendering "P" 0x50 (U+0050) instead of ー.  I also tested this
with 2.0.9 and got the same result.

I am new to developing with FreeType and would appreciate any assistance
in figuring out what is going wrong.

Thank you,
-Frank