[Devel] Working with Shift-JIS encoded characters?

From: Frank Faubert
Subject: [Devel] Working with Shift-JIS encoded characters?
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:33:12 -0400

Hi,

I am using FreeType v2.1.2 on Linux and Windows, and am having some
trouble getting it to properly render Shift-JIS encoded characters.  I
am calling FT_Select_Charmap with ft_encoding_sjis and it is succeeding.
However, it is unclear to me what I need to pass to FT_Get_Char_Index to
get the correct glyph id.  The string (in hex) that I am trying to
render is:

8D C5 8F 89 82 C9 89 7B 97 97 82 B3 82 EA 82 BD 83 79 81 5B 83 57

Is there any documentation on what I need to do to these characters in
order to properly call FT_Get_Char_Index?

Thank you for any assistance!

-Frank