[Devel] Freetype library on Hard Hat Linux2.0

From: Vidya.S
Subject: [Devel] Freetype library on Hard Hat Linux2.0
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:23:20 +0530 (IST)

hello,

   I have a problem of installating freetype library (freetype-1.3.1) on my
system.

I am using Hard Hat Linux(PowerPC).

The installation is working fine with RedHatLinux-7.1.

But I need to use a different compiler(Hard Hat Linux compiler->ppc_405-
gcc). What i tried is:
./configure --host=powerpc
As a result of which some Makefiles were generated. I made changes for
compiler manually. i.e, replaced CC=gcc with my compiler. Though it is not
giving me any errors, libttf.so is not getting formed. Only files libttf.a
and libttf.la are getting formed newly.

I am working on Microwindows which has a configuration file in which i need
to give path of libttf.so, path of freetype directory which is a result of
installation and path of my *.ttf(eg. tamklnr.ttf). Because of this, my
system is not recognizing the tamil fonts(tamklnr.ttf).It is displaying
junk characters for me.

Please do mail me how do i go about the installation of freetype-1.3.1
(freetype-1.3.1 only,becoz microwindows does not support any other version)
on Hard Hat Linux(POWERPC).

Expecting a reply from you at the earlist possible.

Regards,
Vidya
Vidya.S
Embedded Software Group