Re: [Devel] CIDCMap support code (alpha version)

From: 山内 英敏
Subject: Re: [Devel] CIDCMap support code (alpha version)
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 19:18:54 +0900 (JST)

Hi, Werner

From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 00:07:53 +0200 (CEST)

> > * psaux module to handle multiple glyph indexes.
> > (e.g. <0000ffff>)
>
> Thanks to Ken Lunde we now know that we don't have to support this.

Ok.  But I want to change the psaux module to be able to read it.

I think we had better to add ft_encoding_ucs2, ft_encoding_ucs4 and
ft_encoding_utf8.  And we had better to change ft_encoding_unicode to
(ft_encoding_ucs2 | ft_encoding_ucs4) for backward compatibility.

After that I will merge the CIDCMap parser.

> > to be continued...
>
> I can't remember that I've seen your continuation...

Sorry, I do not have enohgh time to write it preciously.

--- Sketch ---
* On the charmap object, font format independant part.
   a. src/base/ftcmap.[ch] (e.g. get_char_index_(identity, table... ) )
   b. change get_char_index( face ) to get_char_index( charmap )
   c. font format independant glyph names module
   d. expert selection scheme (selected by charmap identifier)
   e. ft_encoding_ issue
      (perl 5.8 has more 100 encoding names.
       FreeType will support these names? or IANA registered names?)

* charmap synsythize and code conversion tables issue.
(If you want to read on conversion problems Unicode and CJK local encoding,
please read at http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/unicode-symbols.html )

--- YAMANO-UCHI, Hidetoshi