[Devel] fontstyle misconception

From: Kaushik Datta
Subject: [Devel] fontstyle misconception
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:06:36 -0700

Hi,
I have downloaded and analysed the freetype library.But I think I had a
misconception about the ttf fontstyles.
I thought that for different fontstyles we would require different ttf
files..........like Arialbd for Arial BOLD,Ariali for Arial Italics etc.
But Now I think that actually we can change the fontstyle to BOld or Italics
from a single file say Arial.ttf
Can anybody clear my doubts AND tell me how to do so using the existing
freetype font engine(i.e. which parameters need to be changed..)
Also does this freetype library support Underline fontstyle and
Strikethrough fontstyle?

Thanks a lot in advance,
=kaushik