Re: [Devel] Fix for FontMatrix xy swaps

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Fix for FontMatrix xy swaps
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:13:00 +0200

Hi Detlef,

Detlef Würkner wrote:
Hello!

I wrote:

IMHO the Type1/Type42/CFF drivers of FT2 must be broken either before or
after the FT_Vector_Transform() fix. They parse the font transformation
matrix stored in the font file:

[...]

Could someone please check whether xy and yx have to be swapped here?

Didnt have a font with a "special" FontMatrix entry but found in the news
that Adobe Helvetica-Oblique is assumed to have something like

/FontMatrix [0.001 0 0.000212557 0.001 0 0] readonly def

Replaced the standard FontMatrix line of a Type1 font with this, and
checked with type1.library (which uses the X11 PS rasterizer). As
expected the glyphs were slanted to the right. With current FreeType2
they were slanted upwards -> All FontMatrix parsing routines had xy and
yx swapped since old FT_Vector_Transform() did swap it back...

Actually, FT_Vector_Transform wasn't buggy at all, which is why I'm not
going to commit your fix to the CVS. I have fixed the TrueType composite
loader instead and reset the transformation routine to its correct
state...

Thanks,

- David Turner