Re: [Devel] compiling MSDOS freetype library

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] compiling MSDOS freetype library
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:18:29 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > I am a newbie and am trying to compile library for MS-DOS
> > environment using Makefile.MS.  But I found that though it is
> > compiling the .c files but at the end it tries to use libttf.lib
> > which is not present in lib.

Well, it is not present because an earlier operation is to built it!

> > Also another error "missing seperator on line XX" is bugging me.
>
> You are using GNU make, aren't you?

I hope no!
arch/msdos/Makefile.MS is the Freetype 1.x version that is intended
to use with Microsoft MS C compiler (with NMAKE)!

However, trying to use with another make tool is probably asking for
trouble...

> Please sent an exact log of the errors you encounter so that we can
> fix them more easily (in case there are really errors).

Also, please specify which compiler and make tool you are using.
And if you are not using Microsoft C compiler, please take a look at
howto/msdos.txt, it will probably help you!

(By the way, what is the reason why you are trying to begin with
Freetype 1.x ? These days, Freetype 2 is probably a much better
choice, because it offers much more features; and we would be very
pleased to hear about report of successful compilations and use in 16-bit
environments ;-) ).

Antoine